Tomato Herb Frittata
This is a great way to use up those fresh garden herbs at the end of summer!
- 8 large pasture-raised eggs
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 tbsp pasture-raised organic ghee (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk together the 8 eggs, parsley, dill, basil, cherry tomatoes, and salt together in a medium bowl.
Heat ghee (or coconut oil) in a 10" cast iron skillet (or other oven-safe pan), over medium heat.
When the pan is hot, add the chopped onion to the ghee and stir until translucent and fragrant (about 2-3 minutes). Spread the onions evenly over the bottom of the pan.
Add the egg mixture to the pan and do not stir.
After one minute, turn the heat down to low, and cook the frittata for 3-4 minutes until the edges become set.
Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the eggs are completely set throughout. (Should not be any liquid.)