This is an easy way to add veggies to your meals — simply chop and roast!
Here we show you how to make roasted root vegetables, but keep in mind that you can use any vegetables you've got on hand.
- 2 large carrots peeled
- 2 medium parsnips peeled
- 2 medium rutabaga peeled
- 2-3 medium golden or red beets peeled
- 1 medium onion peeled
- 1 medium sweet potato of your choice peeled
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp vinegar (either balsamic or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tbsp total dried herbs (oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley, etc)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt preferrably Celtic or Redmond's
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
If you have aluminum pans, line them with parchment paper or use ceramic or stainless options for a high-sided cookie sheet or sheet pan.
Cut vegetables into chunks. The smaller the chunks, the quicker they will cook.
Place all the vegetables into a large bowl. Add the oil, vinegar, herbs, and salt. Toss well.
Spread onto your cookie sheet or sheet pan.
Roast vegetables for about 30-45 minutes, shuffling them around to prevent burning during the cooking process.