Turmeric Zested Salmon Cakes
These are great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- 1 lb wild-caught, cooked salmon (or 3, 5 oz cans of wild-caught salmon)
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp orange zest (less than one orange)
- 1 tsp lemon zest (about one lemon)
- pepper to taste
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Shred the salmon in a large bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Form 8 patties from the mix. (My favorite way to do this is using a 1/4 measuring cup to form the patties, and then drop them on the baking sheet and flatten slightly.)
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then flip them and continue to bake for 10 minutes longer.
Modifications for Elimination Diet: Use a flax egg (1 tbsp. flaxseed powder and 3 tbsp. warm water, instead of the egg.)