Veggie Packed Pumpkin Chili
A great seasonal 'comfort food', chock full of phytonutrients for optimal health.
- 1 Tblsp avocado oil
- 1 organic red onion, diced
- 1 organic red bell pepper, diced
- 1 organic green bell pepper, diced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 pound grass fed beef OR pastured ground chicken (or turkey)
- 2 tsp Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 3 Tblsp chili powder
- 3 Tblsp paprika
- 2 Tblsp dried oregano
- 1 Tblsp ground coriander
- 2 Cups riced cauliflower, fresh or frozen
- 1 Cup riced broccoli, fresh or frozen
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 15 oz canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 28 oz organic diced, fire roasted, canned tomatoes
- 3 15 oz cans of beans (adzuki, kidney, northern, pinto, mixed chili beans)
- 2 Cups organic beef broth
Heat a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat on the stove.
Add the oil, diced onion, carrots, and bell peppers. Saute until the carrots have softened.
Add the minced garlic. Saute until fragrant – watch closely as it's super easy to burn the garlic.
Add the ground beef, chicken, or turkey. and salt. Cook until browned.
Add the chili powder, paprika, oregano, and coriander. Stir until the spices are evenly mixed in. Saute for ~1 minute, until the spices are fragrant.
Add in the riced cauliflower and broccoli. Saute 3-4 minutes.
Pour in the pumpkin puree, diced tomatoes, beans, and broth. Stir to combine.
Bring the chili to a boil then reduce the heat to a light simmer.
Cover and cook for ~45 minutes.
Feel free to taste and adjust the seasoning as desired.