Herby Green Dip with Seasonal Veggies
A great way to eat more seasonally…and enjoy it too!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, stems removed
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh chives, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp filtered water
- 1/4 cup carrot tops, optional
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, sliced
- Assortment of seasonal veggies: sugar snap peas, celery, carrots, radishes
Boil water and pour over the cashews. Let soak for 5 minutes, until softened.
Drain the cashews and rinse with cold water.
Add the cashews, parsley, chives, lemon juice, salt, olive oil, water, and carrot tops to a blender. Blend until smooth. If the dip is too thick, add 1 tsp of water and blend. Keep adding a teaspoon of water until you reach your desired texture.
Taste and adjust the herbs, if needed.
Cut up the fresh veggies into small chunks or slices.
- The dip will stay fresh in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Change up the herbs to use what you have on hand! Fresh basil, dill, or cilantro would all make delicious dips.